A warm welcome to Viv Fish Traditional Chinese
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES IN LIGHT OF COVID
Your safety and well-being is a key priority in my practice, so I would like to share
some new measures that have been put in place along with some important guidelines.
British Acupuncture Council members
(including myself), operate under strict Hygiene and Codes of Safety as standard. The BAcC has also issued extensive additional Codes of Safe practice guidelines to ensure that all necessary
precautions have been taken to protect the safety of ourselves and our patients. I have also been attending several meetings in which the details of these guideleines & their application have
been discussed in detail. Additionally, we are keeping abreast of Government guidelines & adhering to these.
- I have carried out a thorough Risk assessment at
both of my practices.
- You will be required to complete a Covid 19 Consent
form to ensure that it is safe for you to attend your appointment. This will be carried out at the time of making the appointment.
- Initial consultations will be carried out on Zoom
or by phone so that we can see each other without masks on and so that there is less talking time during the session.
- Treatment times may be reduced to limit the amount
of time in the treatment room. If so, we will arrange a time to speak on the phone or by Zoom before your appointment to catch up on changes since the last session.
- All soft furnishings have been removed from the
treatment room leaving only washable surfaces.
- Treatment times will be spaced so that there will
not be anyone waiting in the waiting room.
- There will be intervals between treatments to allow
me to thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces & equipment and to ventilate the room.
- You are requested to arrive at the time of your
treatment and not before.
- Please arrive wearing a mask and I will be doing
the same. If you have forgotten to bring one, they will be on sale for £1.00. These will remain on for the duration of the treatment.
- I may wear an apron or a visor for all or part of
the treatment, especially if I need to treat closer to your head.
- We are not required to wear gloves - though I may
do so for certain procedures.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided on arrival at the
- I will be washing hands regularly during the course
of your treatment. Paper towels only will be in use.
- I may ask you to take a photograph of your tongue
and send it to me prior to your appointment.
- Please bring a towel or blanket
- You will be asked to pay for your treatment either
online PRIOR to the session, or by cash at the time of treatment. Cash should be the correct amount placed in an envelope with your name on the front.
- Follow up sessions may also involve an online or
phone check- in prior to the treatment to also keep time in the treatment room focussed on your treatment.
Please follow NHS and government guidelines with regard to attendance.
Please do not attend your appointment under the following circumstances for a minimum of 14 days:
- If you are feeling unwell
before your appointment - and showing symptoms of a raised temperature (above 38 degrees), persistant cough or loss of smell &/or taste.
- Any member of your family are
showing symptoms of the above.
- You are severely
immuno-compromised or have a severe existing underlying respiratory condition.
- You have recently returned from
overseas or have been in close contact with someone who has.
We have a duty of care to you and to ourselves and we care very much about creating a safe and caring clinic. We will continue to
evaluate the risks and communicate with you.
If you wish to discuss any of these measures or to make an appointment please contact me
by phone on 07973 337542.
Vivien Fish is a dedicated, fully qualified, registered and highly experienced acupuncture practitioner with busy clinics in Crouch End, North London and Royston, Hertfordshire. Over the last 25
years Vivien has successfully treated increasing numbers of people who are choosing acupuncture for help with their health.
Vivien Fish is an outstanding acupuncturist who I highly recommend. She is trustworthy, skilled and highly experienced. It is without reservation that I
recommended Vivien Fish because she will make a massive difference to your health. Whatever the ailment is she will work to find a solution and immediately put you at ease.
Mui Li Director Muika Leadership